National Convenience Distributors Purchasing Guidelines for Suppliers
The following purchasing terms are applicable to all suppliers of National Convenience Distributors (NCD).This document is not all inclusive and NCD has the right to adjust the requirements listed. In situations where the supplier’s policy is different from NCD, NCD Purchasing Guidelines will succeed. For further information, please contact NCDPurchasing Department.
Below are guidelines for new products.
- Supplier agrees to complete the New Item Form completely and accurately.
- Supplier agrees to pay NCD a $250 Administrative fee per new item. in addition to completing the New Item Form.
- Upon receipt of the New Item Number, supplier will email NCD a picture of the product. The picture must be sent as a High Resolution Image with the item number as the file name. This must be received at least 30 days prior to selling the product.
- Supplier guarantees all new products for a period 90 days. At the end of 90 days NCD and the supplier will reconcile all outstanding invoices and product to be returned.
- If the suppliers’ new products sell completely and a second order is required, the suppliers guarantee will continue until the 90 day period expires.
- If after 90 days a new product is not meeting the agreed upon sales targets, then the product can be discontinued by NCD. When a new or existing product has been active for 90 days or more, NCD may notify the supplier in writing to discontinue certain products. The supplier has 30 days to provide disposition instructions. At the end of 30 days, NCD will dispose the product and deduct the original cost of the product on the next payment to the supplier if NCD did not receive disposition instructions.
Product Data Management
Below are guidelines in order to properly capture the necessary information into our database.
- Supplier provides a complete case of new product(s) to NCD IT Department at least 1 week prior to NCD selling the merchandise. This will ensure the consistent entry of information in NCD database. Additionally, it allows us to relay accurate information to our customers and to better promote the merchandise. Merchandise is sent to the attention of:
Director of IT Department
National Convenience Distributors
12 Banfi Plaza Farmingdale, NY 11735
- Any advertising material or literature describing the contents and/ or ingredients will be provided by the supplier.
- Samples will not be returned to the supplier, unless requested in writing and approved by the Purchasing Department in advance.
- Failure to comply may delay the availability of sale and delivery of merchandise to our customers and eventual rejection and cancellation of the purchase order.
Below are guidelines for swell allowances.
- Allowances for swell, spoilage, and damages are created to reimburse NCD for all unsaleable merchandise.
- Swell Allowances cover routine, day-to-day damages and spoilage.
- Swell Allowances do not cover discontinued products, recalls or defective products.
- NCD has the right to renegotiate Swell Allowances with suppliers if the Swell Allowances provided do not cover the cost of the product being processed or discarded.
Recalls, Discontinued or Defective Products
Below are guidelines for Recalls, Discontinued or Defective Products.
- The supplier will notify NCD of any recalls, discontinued or defective products in writing.
- The supplier is responsible for all costs of these products and removals.
- The supplier will reimburse NCD for the original cost of the items.
- The supplier will compensate NCD for any costs incurred by NCD.
Certificate of Insurance
A current Certificate of Insurance must be provided with the following:
- Workers’ Compensation – Statutory Limits
- General Liability (including products/ completed operations)
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate
- $2,000,000 Products/ Completed Operations Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence
- $1,000,000 Personal and Advertising Injury
- Certificate Holder – National Convenience Distributors 21 Banfi Plaza Farmingdale, NY 11735
- Additional Insured – National Convenience Distributors and their respective Subsidiaries, Officers, Directors and employees of each are included as an additional insured.
- Policy Issued on Occurrence Basis
- Automobile Insurance
- Minimum 30 day written notice of cancellation or change in insurance coverage.
- As policies are renewed, a current COI should be issued to National Convenience Distributors.
- Suppliers will provide NCD with Material Safety Data Sheets when applicable.
- NCD does not accept UPS freight.
For more information, please contact NCD Purchasing Department.
By signing this digital form, I acknowledge the Purchasing Guidelines and will abide by them.