YOUR DIVISIONAL HOMEBASE WILL BE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
CHICOPEE, MA • FARMINGDALE, NY • PHILADELPHIA, PA • ROCKVILLE, MD
• tampa, fl
BUYER POSITION AVAILABLE - FARMINGDALE NEW YORK
National Convenience Distributors (NCD), is the largest leading full-line convenience distributor strictly servicing the East Coast; where each employee is treated like family and trusted with its legacy. We distribute products, develop relationships, and generate results. Our greatest assets are our people, our partnerships and driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. National Convenience Distributors is a place where your talents will make an impact every day.
We believe that NCD has one of the most extensive training programs in the industry. You will learn about the brands we represent, selling and merchandising techniques, and will be cross trained in all departments within the organization, setting you up for success.
We are seeking an Experienced Buyer of Consumer Package Goods and Tobacco products based out of our Farmingdale, NY Office.
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
- A buyer will perform a variety of tasks, including but not limited to inventory analysis, price book management, marketing, alternative markets, and negotiating with vendors.
- Manages all purchasing activities, especially grocery items, produce and perishables.
- Direct interaction will all departments within the company, as well as key customers
- Analyze changes or new issues in materials and supplies to find ways to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Receive orders and grants approval for purchases of goods and services.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- BA DEGREE
- Must have 3 years of experience purchasing Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- Convenience store industry experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Oracle Cloud Base experience
- Excellent communication skills: phone, verbal and written
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Must possess a high level of professionalism while working in a team environment
- Must be highly skilled with the Microsoft Office Suite
- E3 Replenishment Inventory knowledge
NCD is an equal opportunity employer.
The job’s responsibilities and tasks may be modified and expanded over time.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts.
The organization maintains its status as an “at-will employer”.
TO APPLY FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND PUT “BUYER” IN POSITION APPLYING FOR…
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT